A musing

Has anyone on this list ever worked at a dealership that sold Imperials?
Has anyone ever sold them or worked on them for a living as a mechanic?  Why
is it, I wonder, that it is so rare to see pictures of Imperials on dealer
fore courts?  I cannot imagine seeing five or six same year Imperials lined
up, side by side, gleaming and awaiting buyers.

Did anyone on the list ever buy a new Imperial from a dealer?  What was the
experience like?  Were there many to choose from?  Did anyone ever buy one
using a promo model that now sell for such high amounts on e-bay?

A friend of mine has an uncle who works as a parts manager for Advance Auto
parts.  He apprenticed as a Mopar mechanic in the 60s.  He worked on
Imperials, plus other Mopar models.  I was talking with him last year when
his nephew and I were trying to improve the brakes on the 58.  He did not
have anything good to say about the Mopar flagship.  He was a youngster at
the time and more interested in muscle cars, so Imperials were at the wrong
end of the spectrum to engender any respect but he stressed how difficult
they were to work on in comparison to the "lesser" makes, the companies
bread and butter vehicles.

I'd be keen to find out about other peoples first hand experience in either
selling, buying or working on these cars when they were new.  When getting
parts involved going to a store, not a scrap yard.

Hugh