rusty hubcaps

I just went out to fill up one of my tires and noticed that the hub cap had
little rust spots all over it,.  Then checking the others, I discovered the
little rust spots on all of the hub caps.  Last time I looked at them (a
few weeks ago when I last filled the tire up) they were fine.  Any ideas
how to get rid of the rust spots and keep them from coming back?

Thanks,

Mark Elliott