Rusty hubcap fix

Mark:

Even though these wheelcovers are stainless steel, it is still possible to have tiny specs of rust depending upon where you live.  Here in southern California, we're spoiled with good weather (usually) but remembering my roots back east in Pennsylvania, bumpers and wheelcovers would ruse.  Some times it was because of a low quality stainless steel.

I have used very fine (00) steel wool on lesser cars' wheel covers but on a stately Imp, you might wish to use a fine polishing compound (white), or if the rust is greater, use rubbing compound (red), then follow up with a wax.  This should protect them.  A tip- -scrub the rust off the inside, too and wax that.

Bob

 Mark and Theresa Elliott <deadfishe@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just went out to fill up one of my tires and noticed that the hub cap had
little rust spots all over it,. Then checking the others, I discovered the
little rust spots on all of the hub caps. Last time I looked at them (a
few weeks ago when I last filled the tire up) they were fine. Any ideas
how to get rid of the rust spots and keep them from coming back?

Thanks,

Mark Elliott