58 belt sizes

And the answer is . . .  70 inches!

On a '58 with dual A/C, the shorter belts are 42 inches long.  Their NAPA
code, which is really a GATES code, Gates, being the manufacturer, is 7420.
The shorter belts go from the inner two, or smaller diameter grooves on the
engine pulley to the water pump, over to the steering pump and back to the
engine.

The longer pair are seventy inches.  The GATES / NAPA code, however, is
7695.  Go figure.  The wrapper states the belt is 70 1/8 inch long.  The
belts fit on to the inner, larger two grooves on the engine pulley, over to
the A/C on the left and then over to the right, to the generator, and back
down to the engine.

Keith mentioned something about "A" belts and "M" belts.  I do not have a
clue what this means, to be honest, but would be delighted to know.  All of
the belts I have fitted are 25/64 inches wide.  All of the original belts
were toothless, or were of continuous dimensions.  All of the new belts have
teeth.  I hope they will last as long as the old belts did.  I hope it was
not one of the new 7420 belts I fitted last year that broke and took out the
other two longer belts.  Its impossible to know what caused the breakage.
The remaining 7420 belt ended up inverted and running on the outer rim that
separates the two grooves.  I am remarkably grateful that it two did not
fail because it allowed me to get home, which is something that is always
worth appreciating.

Hugh
Until further notice, celebrate everytime your Imperial gets you home
safely.