Owners Report: Gorgeous on the Outside, Gusty on the Inside

Owners Report: Gorgeous on the Outside, Gusty on the Inside

Just got a PM owners report on the 68.  The title is above.  Sub
title: "Hurrahs for handling, raves for ride, and cheers for comfort can't
hursh the high-speed wistle from wacky workmanship".  Well, my sedan wistles a
lot, but I thought it was due to bad weather stripping.  My LeBaron is much
better.
The article continues: (in parenthesis, my comments)
Specific likes:
Handling: 43.8%
Comfort:  37.7
Ride:  26.0
Style: 23.3
Performance: 20.5 (may be more buyers should have specified dual exhaust
option!)
Power: 17.2  (half the owners were over 55, I bet those never even tried WOT!)

SPecific Dislikes:
Workmanship 37.8% (What do you people think, especially those who own other
cars of the period?)
Dealer preparation 16.2 (well, I am expecting few comments on this one)
Wind noise: 11.5% (may be it varied from car to car)
Gas mileage 11.5% (well, if they wanted economy, they should have bought a VW!)
Dealer service: 10.1
Automatic Temperature Control: 8.1 (we can all relate to that one)
Finish/Paint job 6.8% (I don't want to hear a thing from the 67 guys!).

A quote: "... But, most importantly, those miles are driven in a car that they
consider to have a good power-to-weight ratio, excellent handling
characteristics, and a safe feel in ride and roadability".  Well, that tree I
mentioned in my previous post may think otherwise!

I can photocopy and mail the small article to whoever can post in the site.
D^2