Servo

--- grandpa and cheryl <grandpaandcheryl@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
> valve.Everything is good(no leaks) but when I open
> the valve to allow water to heater I cant get the
> heater blower to start.Any ideas what I may have
> done wrong or is that normal.

Hi Tony,

On the very bottom of the Power Servo Unit is a small
aluminum piece with two vacuum hose connections.  This
little guy is a coolant temperature sensor.  Its sole
purpose in life is to prevent the heater fan from
"blasting" the occupants of the car with cold air
before the car has warmed up.

So your problem is that this sensor is not "sensing"
any hot water in the hose, and thus does not allow the
fan to come on when "Heat" is pushed on the dashboard
controls.

I'm 99% sure that if you simply connect these two
vacuum hoses together, you'll solve the problem.  The
fan switch is actually vacuum controlled, so when
"Heat" is pushed, this sensor blocks vacuum to the fan
switch until the coolant is hot enough.

You can find vacuum connectors in various sizes at
most auto parts stores.  Look for a rack of bright red
packages under the "HELP" brand.

Best luck!

Elijah