"custom" vinyl top covering

----- Original Message -----
From: "C F" <mopowered@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2002 1:29 PM
Subject: IML: "custom" vinyl top covering

 Are you sure someone hasn't replaced the vinyl top on your car with one
designed for a solid-roof car ?  The sunroof Chargers that I am familair
with had the seems running outboard of the sunroof opening, with the tight
clearances involved it doesn't make sense to run the seams across the
sliding panel.

Chris

 72 Lebaron

> My '73 Imperial has a sunroof. The heat-welded seems end up about two
inches from the edge of the sunroof panel.

> First of all, the number of vertical & horizontal seems/edges coming
together in one area don't look very good. Secondly, my sunroof panel rubs
the double-thick seam area ever so slightly when retracting (although I'm
sure I could fix this with an adjustment).

> Although I usually hate doing things in a non-original way, moving the
seams outboard a few inches (off the sliding panel) would make a better
appearing and functioning top.

> What do you think of having the top made to these specs? Seems very
do-able (pun-intended) as even with an additonal four inches in width, the
seams will still fall in a flat area and should be no wider than a standard
width vinyl.