"custom" vinyl top covering

>  Are you sure someone hasn't replaced the vinyl top on your car with one
> designed for a solid-roof car ?  The sunroof Chargers that I am familair
> with had the seems running outboard of the sunroof opening, with the tight
> clearances involved it doesn't make sense to run the seams across the
> sliding panel.
>
> Chris

Agreed, and my thoughts exactly. However, the car in question is a 64,000 mile
original (see pictures at carmine.5u.com) and I cannot find any evidence to
suggest anything has been touched on this car beyond a poor re-paint of the
left 1/4 panel (Minor damage not extending into the roof panel.)

The top also appears to be about 30 years old (although in good overall shape)
and of the proper grain. The only way I could explain the "wrong" top would be
a factory screw-up? My sunroof '72 Charger had a canopy top, thus no seams.

Anybody else with a sunroof '72-'73 Imperial care to comment?

Carmine F.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Get 4 DVDs for $.49 cents! plus shipping & processing. Click to join.