"custom" vinyl top covering

> Dodn't have a new Whitney catalog handy but, as you
> say, they used to carry tops.

I don't think JC Whitney offers them anymore. Fart-noise exhaust pipes for
Hondas had to be listed, so something had to give.

> Crown is a major
> 'builder' of vinyl tops.

My '73 Imperial has a sunroof. The heat-welded seems end up about two inches
from the edge of the sunroof panel.

First of all, the number of vertical & horizontal seems/edges coming together
in one area don't look very good. Secondly, my sunroof panel rubs the
double-thick seam area ever so slightly when retracting (although I'm sure I
could fix this with an adjustment).

Although I usually hate doing things in a non-original way, moving the seams
outboard a few inches (off the sliding panel) would make a better appearing and
functioning top.

What do you think of having the top made to these specs? Seems very do-able
(pun-intended) as even with an additonal four inches in width, the seams will
still fall in a flat area and should be no wider than a standard width vinyl.

Anyone else with a sunroof car have this thought?
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Get 4 DVDs for $.49 cents! plus shipping & processing. Click to join.