Help finding a short!!!!

Help!  Ive got a short in my 54.  Haven't started it
since April but I uncovered it today and drove it to
church. On the way back I noticed a slight 'burning'
smell but not enough to think it was from my car.
Parked the car for several hours and when I went back
out it the battery was totally DEAD!  Charged the
battery and it started right up and I assumed I had
left something on.  Then I noticed the dome light was
coming on for a few minutes and then going off.
Further investigation showed the headlights also cycle
on and off with the dome and interior lights.

Have had my head under the dash for a few hours and
don't see any shorts or burned wires.  It's a pretty
simple wiring scheme.  There is a breaker on the back
of the light switch.  I tapped on it but no change,
again, no burned wires are apparent.

I know that if I start taking wires off one at a time,
i can identify the particular circuit and I guess that
is the next step.  Anyone got any ideas that might
help me make this easier?  btw, this is a 6V system
but I don't think that matters.

Kerryp