'67 wood descriptions in Collectible Automobile

'67 wood descriptions in Collectible Automobile

I haven't seen any response to this, but sorry if someone else already
addressed it.

The only error I noted in the descriptions of the wood trim in this article
was the comment that the inserts containing the interior door pulls is
simulated woodgrain. There is no fake wood inside a '67 Imperial (except the
seatback trim on the Crown Coupe and Convertible, I'm pretty sure).

Interestingly, the same door pulls are used in 1969, but with fake wood.

However, all the exterior wood-like trim is simulated: the door handle
inserts on all models, the front fender badge inserts on Sedans and Crowns
(never did understand why Sedans got Crown insignia), the rear
quarter-window sills on Crown Convertibles, and the rain gutter inserts on
LeBarons.

"Veneer" is real wood. It means a thin layer, which is exactly the treatment
used inside the '67s. For it not to be veneer, imagine the whole dash carved
from a walnut tree!

Chris in LA
67 Crown (the Charcoal one in CA)