Intake manifold part number?+carburetor?

At 04:26 PM 7/30/02, you wrote:
>Danno, thanks.  That means this is from a 440, so the overall design
>should be
>identical to the 67-69 (the car is a 68, but the engine is 69).  If I am
>wrong
>on this assumption, somebody please correct me.
>
>Also, that means I may be able to install a Thrmoquad on this manifold.  Any
>ideas?  Anybody with a carb that could work for me?
>
>D^2,

I think this is a logical assumption. I don't know about the Thermoquad. I
expect it came with a Carter. Edelbrock is building one with the same
dimensions. I don't know if they are spec'ed the same, but it is the same
carb externally. The main difference that I can see is that the Edelbrock
is chrome plated where the Carter was just a plain aluminum finish.

My personal peeve with the Thermoquad, and I installed one of these on my
son's car when he was still a teenager, is that they are just butt ugly.
They are dependable as hell, but are but ugly compared to a Carter or an
Edelbrock.

Just my two dong.

Danno