more fun with Silver

Last night I had the honor of using Silver, my
charcoal '67, as a taxi for my girlfriend and some of
her friends as we drove from south Jersey to a club
outside of Philly for a concert.  It began as just the
two of us, driving up from Maryland to pick up her
friends.  One by one they boarded, each one as
astonished as the next by the plush leather, real wood
trim, power amenities, courtesy lamps aplenty, and, of
course, the Imp's sheer girth!

After we'd picked everyone up there were 6 of us in
the car, and though there was a noticeable difference
in pickup (an extra 1000 pounds worth of passengers
will do that, even to a 440) we still floated down the
road in style and comfort.  Nobody was lacking for
leg, head, nor hip room.

I received kudos from all for my parallel parking
prowess, too.

The whole trip the Imperial drove perfectly, until, at
about 4:30AM, heading back to my place in maryland
(again just my girlfriend and myself), the 440 emitted
a single hiccup (cruising steady 80 mph) and then
continued its rythmic purring.  Quite odd...I've no
explanation for it.  *shrug*

I did get into a race of sorts on the way home on
95...some guy in a MR2 with the top down chased me all
the way up to about 110, then, curiously, backed off.
I can only assume he was scared of his little topless
car at that speed; meanwhile, my girlfriend was
quietly sleeping in her leather armchair, and I sipped
at a coffee while resting my arms on the leather
armrest.

Ahhh, Imperial.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro