Black LeBaron problems, again!

>much better, then it got worse.  After a few hours' though, I disconnect
>the fuel line from the carb to a 1 gallon milk bottle, and start the car
>(up to that point, I had failed to consider an important clue, while
>coasting to a stop, the tranny was dragging the engine, and the tach was
>indicating the proper engine speed.  Dead points would normally kill the
>tachometer)..  It started running better and better, till it ran out of
>gas.  Reconnect the gas line, started right up, then got worse and worse.
>That damn Rochester carb!

Hey D2
I had the exact problem w/my 'cuda. Imperial content-440 motor. But I am not
sure why you are blaming the Q-Jet. It is probably the fuel tank if it is
running better out of a milk bottle.  Try cleaning all your fuel filters and
cleaning or replacing your tank.  My tank was rusted up. It would lean the
car out and then the carb had to be adjusted to the point of ridiculousness.
This is pretty common if the car has sat for a while.  Also could be your
fuel line. One of mine was cracked. I did it all at once, so I never figured
out what caused what problem, but I doubt the carb itself is your problem if
it runs well out of a different container.
I would try a glass fuel filter (temporarily) to see if there is a lot of
sediment and check the lines carefully. Be careful about the gas in the oil.
I had that too.  That is hell on the motor-even your Mobil 1 won't be able
to protect you. Change it quick.
Rob
Still a Carter man.