Blue Green Seat Belts

I agree 100% with Mark.  I too was hanging out in
dealerships during the '60's and share some of the
experiences.

My anecdotal story is that my '66 "lesser" plebian MoPar
came with four blue-green sets of belts when I bought it in
1987.  They are quite evenly blue-green.  I replaced all
four sets with another MoPar set [actually Pontonier made
them for MoPar] which are still high-gloss black.

In my closet I have a polo shirt which was jet black and is
now charcoal grey.

It defies logic to me that a car manufacturer would build a
black interior with non-matching belts, or that any
discerning cunsumer would accept such a product.

BTW, the really "lesser" MoPars of the '60's and '70's had
black belts as standard and color-coordinated belts as an
option.

--Roger van Hoy, '55 DeSoto, '42 DeSoto, '66 Plymouth, '81
Imperial, Washougal, WA