Blue Green Seat Belts

List,

Sine I have one of my Imperials here at home, decided to give the belts a close inspection.  This car is a trible black Crown Coupe, 1968 model, the car has bucket seats and a black leather interior.  The seat belts are blue green, both front & rear.   There is no apparrent fading, as the complete length of the belts are of the same color, even where they are rolled up in a retractor.
It is my opinion that the belts were blue green when installed and new.

These cars always seem to offer surprises and differences.  As an example, some cars have the clip on the front of the rear seat that the belts can be buckled into to keep them neat looking and quite, yet other cars do not have this small helpful feature.  So, does anyone have thoughts on this matter?

Sometimes Chrysler forgot something when they were designing these cars, as an example, both the 1967 and 1968 Crown Coupes could be ordered with the Mobile Director Option.  I assume that when the seat was turned around on a 1967 it cleared the dash pad by a few inches, but on a 1968 the dash is deeper, so the rear of the seat rests against the dash pad when it faces the rear, and this can result in a cracked dash pad, which is very difficult and expensive to replace.

All in all, I do think the designers of the 1967's and 1968's did a good job, as they considered things in the designs that show a lot of thought was used, but I doubt very much that they thought their work would be called "Bocks Car" or "Haze Green Look".

Bill/Imp, 68's