how rare imperials in europe

At 07:49 AM 7/27/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Another thought that maybe some European members can comment on... do
>Europeans take better care of their cars?  I think that we Americans
>sometimes tend to view automobiles as disposable items, although maybe not
>so much with the high-end cars like Imperials.
Partly because cars are more expensive in Europe, and partly because the
traditional auto mechanic is (or at least was, this is a dying profession)
on average more skilled and more inexpensive in Europe, cars tend to enjoy
better treatment.

Another reason why Europeans like Imperials and old US cars in general is
because they look so different.  I think this is the main reason since US
cars are very impractical there (gas is expensive and roads are narrow, and
parking is for a 20 ft car is .... unavailable!).  Also, US cars have
usually poor handling and brakes, which is a far more important commodity
in Europe.  I am sure Imperials are better in this respect, but their sheer
size would still make a challenging drive!

I have never seen an Imperial in Greece.

D^2, 2x68's, Austin TX