how rare imperials in europe

Is it possible that the Imperials enjoyed the same status and care that Mercedes-Benz and BMW cars did here?  I wonder if the cost of the car, and the cost to import such a vehicle meant that it usually got better maintenance, and was less likely to be allowed to fall into disrepair?

Another thought that maybe some European members can comment on... do Europeans take better care of their cars?  I think that we Americans sometimes tend to view automobiles as disposable items, although maybe not so much with the high-end cars like Imperials.

As an aside, are there large parts yards in Europe where the general purpose cars end up, or are the cars quickly dismantled and recycled?  What about yards like Lowell Howe, Murray Park, or Bob Hoffmeister operate... are there Imperial specific yards there similar to the Mercedes/BMW/Audi-VW yards we see here in the US (Michigan specifically, from my experience).

Thanks,
Steve Charette