Imperials outside U.S. - why so popular elsewhere?

Imperials outside U.S. - why so popular elsewhere?

Dear Kenyon

I own a 1982 Imperial which i drive to work every day, which is fortunately
a short trip as fuel costs in England are currently £0.795 per litre which
roughly works out to $5.36 us per gallon.

We have a strict annual inspection for our cars called an MOT (£37.00) which
is required to obtain the road fund licence (tax disc) which must be
displayed in the windscreen of the vehicle (£160 per annum)

Back to imperials, a quick scan of the classifieds in our monthly magazine
dedicated to American cars "classic American"and i found the following for
sale: -
1958 imperial crown (hemi) £12,000
196? imperial lebaron 4 dr  £4,750
1966 new Yorker 440 cu in £2,225
No year, imperial £2,000
www.classic-american.com No classifieds online but you can have a look at
the way we look at American cars.

I took my imp on a camping trip with my wife to the Loire valley in western
France (Average 25mpg), every time i parked the car anywhere there were
always people looking at it when we returned, so the French know a good car
when they see one as well.

I,ve rambled enough.
Neil Thorpe 1982 imp black and still EFI