why and where are the 60 IMP'S gone?

Dietmar,

The 1960 and 1961 Imperials were not the most popular Imperials made. Most people thought them a bit outlandish, especially the 61, so fewer were sold and few saved.  Many years later people began to appreciate these cars and their styling, so they are now in more demand.  I feel that all Imperials are difficult to restore or refurbish, body parts more than mechanical, as there were so few made in comparison to most other makes, so everything about any Imperial is rare and hard to come by.

Bill/Imp, 68's