Fender Mounted Turn Signal

Is this a difference between a Crown and my standard sedan? The only turn
signal indicators I have are on my front fenders and all there is in a
chrome housing is a piece amber plastic that light from the cornering
light shines into and lets you see it when it gets dark enough outside.

Dave
67 haze green sedan
Covington, Wa.