with powerful solvent (I use "Brake-Kleen") and then rough up the shiny
surface of the pulley groove with sandpaper or the like, and put a new belt
on it.  Of course, it is essential that the pulleys be properly aligned.

#2:

The little box you refer to in the horn discussion is indeed the horn relay,
as pointed out by others.  To diagnose this problem:

You can check to see if your problem is the relay or in the steering column
hardware by having an assistant mash the horn button while you listen
carefully to the relay.

If it clicks when you press the button, the problem is definitely in either
the relay itself or in the horns, or the wiring between the two.

If it does not click, verify that you have 12 volts on the "B" terminal.

(The relay has three terminals: "H" goes to the horns, "S" goes to the horn
button, and "B" goes to a source of 12 volts.   You may have to remove and
clean up the relay to see the terminal labels, but it will not work unless
it is securely grounded to the body, so memorize the terminal positions and
reinstall it.)

 If you don't, check the horn fuse and the wiring from the fuse panel to the
"B" terminal.  if you do have 12 volts on the "B" terminal, verify that the
case of the relay is well grounded to the mounting point.

If both of those things are OK, try grounding the "S" terminal directly -
this should sound the horns, or at least make the relay click.

If it doesn't, the relay is bad for sure.

If the relay clicks, the problem may still be within the relay, or it may be
in the horns themselves.

this out by temporarily putting 12 volts on the "H" terminal - this should
sound the horns (you'll draw a big spark, but don't panic, it's only 12
volts, there's no way it can hurt you!).   If it does, you've got your
culprit, the relay contacts are oxidized.

You could try Mark's solution of rapping on it, but I think you'll need to
replace it sooner or later.

#3.  Others have described how to dislodge the rear seat cushion - I would
only add that I have found it easiest to just crawl into the rear floor
area, and use my body to press the rear seat cushion toward the rear of the
car, then rotate my body in such a way as to lift the front edge of the
cushion - works every time!

Dick Benjamin (67 4 DR ht and 67 conv, both non-haze green!)