Just some little things

This is about my level of expertise . . .

On the horn, after you have checked the wires and the fuses, etc., you may
want to get a hammer and just hit it.  I'm serious.  I have been told that
the diaphragm (s.p.?) in these things tends to rust more quickly than the
outside if they're not used (so be sure to use those horns, folks!), and you
can actually dislodge or loosen up the rust by rapping the outside with a
hammer a few times (lightly-- and you may want to use a rubber mallet if the
thought of scratching your Imperial horn bothers you).

The horns on my '68 didn't work & I tried this, thinking I had nothing to
lose, and viola!  Blaring horns!!

You may also have a problem at the switch, or there may be rust on the
contacts, which can be cleaned off easily.

The seats, at least on my '68, come out as D2 described, only if you are a
manly man like me (har) you can do it yourself without an assistant by
crawling inside and crouching in the middle (push the front seats forward).
Or just do one side at a time.  I think, on the '67, it's only the top part
of the seat that's bolted, but I could be wrong . . .

As for belt dressing, I think this is only a temporary fix.  No one I know &
respect in the car world has ever said anything good to me about belt
dressing.  As I understand it, belts are supposed to stick to the pulley,
not slide around it, and any lubricant you put on there would tend to make
it slip, I would think.  But maybe I'm wrong.  Anybody?

Mark M
2 '68 gussied up New Yorkers