Young Imperial Owners

I agree with that one! Most (all?) new cars are way
too small for me. And they are, as pointed out, built
to be used into a problem occurs, at which point they
are thrown out.

Just look at today's cars (even Mopars). No bumpers,
all plastic (which brakes, unlike steel which bends...
er rusts....), computers which cause hell when things
are modified, restrictions and problems never seen
before... not to mention the value problems.

A '98 Chevy Caviler that sold for $19k new, goes for
under $5k today

Now my grandfather's '67 Saab Monte Carlo (Saab's 1st
V4, only saw production for 1 year- very rare outside
of Europe), has in its condition, a blue book value
(last I checked) of $18k. Think any of today's cars
can say that some 35 years from now?

Also- ever need to get a new car fixed? Much cheaper
to fix and keep up a 70's or 80's car then a new one
which is mostly electronics which require special
prices (ever need to replace a PCM, MAP, 02, Temp
sensor, Crank + Cam sensor, ig. coil pack, CTP, and
assorted wires & harrnesses in a '92 3.8L V6 Imperial?
Lots of $$ starts to add up- and just for the
basics...

Makes me fell sorry for anyone who decides to restore
one of those new Lincoln SUV's 30 years from now- all
those power & computerized options would be hell to
reproduce after they become impossible to replace with
new old stock parts.

Reminds me of a Italian car I saw in a magizine once-
required the engine to be removed in order to CHANGE
THE OIL! Imagine having to do that every 3k miles....
--- Just beyond the reach of Satan's Grasp