Parts from newer cars

At 09:37 PM 7/21/02, you wrote:
>I agree with that one! Most (all?) new cars are way
>too small for me. And they are, as pointed out, built
>to be used into a problem occurs, at which point they
>are thrown out.
Jim,
I agree with everything you have said, however,  there is some good to be
said for the latest offerings. They offer up some good parts.
To let you know,
I own three older Mopars at present. I have a 1963 Imperial, 2 door, a 1964
Dodge A100 pick-up and a 1961 Dodge Lancer.
To clarify my point, I recently bought a front seat from a 2002 GMC truck
for $85.00. Shipping was $125. The seat belts are an intregal part of the
seat. The upholstery is in mint condition.
My little slant six Lancer isn't worth much and I already have factory seat
belts in the Imperial, so I expect I will put these high back, seat belt
equipped seats in the Lancer.
The newer stuff does occasionally serve a purpose other than just for
something to get from one place to another.
Danno