Imperial Options Ahead of Their Time

The trunk release on my '71 is vacuum operated, I'm pretty sure.  Although I
think you have to have had the car running for awhile to build up sufficient
vacuum to pop the trunk.  If the car is not running, and has been parked for a
considerable time, it will not work.

I agree with you about the simplicity of the controls.  There are now so many
buttons on a modern car, and they are all so small and so close together, that
it's practically impossible to operate some things at night, or just by touch.
They are not intuitive, either, which is something I like about the old cars.

The only thing I miss while driving my Imperial is, sorry to say, cupholders.

Especially when the kid at the drive-thru overfills your drink and you stick it
between your legs.

:)

Mark M