Young Imperial Owners

I am always surprised when I hear about someone in their 20's owning an
Imperial.

It seems to me that most of the collectors I've met tend to buy cars
that were popular in their youth, particularly in their teenage years.
For instance, it seems you find that most of the folks who own cars from
the 50's are in their 60's now, etc.

The reason is pretty obvious-- they associate these cars with good times
they had, particularly when they were getting their first taste of
freedom.

I'm curious what draws a younger person to an older car, and in
particular to an Imperial?

Mark M