Young Imperial Owners

--- Mark McDonald <tomswift@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am always surprised when I hear about someone in
> their 20's owning an
> Imperial.

I bought my 65 Crown ealier this year. I'm 33 now but
my first car was a 65 New Yorker that I got during my
17th year. I loved the old girl but didn't treat well
enough (radiator failure led to overheating led to
cracked block).

I guess it was the glass covered headlights that first
hooked me (and influenced my decision to get a 65
Imp).

My grandfather was a Chrysler mechanic (he sold me the
New Yorker for $1.00). My grandmother still has his
toolchest with the chrome "Windsor" emblem on it.

At times I think I might have fit in better had I
lived 30-40 years ago. Perhaps I "just wasn't made for
these times", as Brian Wilson once said. Cars,
architecture, music; all of these things were flat out
more and interesting in the 50's and 60's.

There is nothing finer than tooling around on a
country road in my 65 Crown with the power antenna up
and Sinatra's "Summer Wind" playing on the radio.

So here's to the good-old days (even though I wasn't
there to really enjoy them!)

Take Care All...

Chris Walter
Modesto, CA