54 Limo thoughts

Just wanted to add something to the 54 Imperial Limo problem on ebay.  I earlier stated that something needs to be done about the people that hoard these cars and think that they are worth so much and let them sit outside and die.  When you are looking at the article about the 67/68 Imperials in the October issue of Collectible Automobile also take a look at the car spotter section where people send in pictures of cars that they spot in fields.  One area has many cars in the field including a limited production 56 Cadillac Eldorado Seville, 58 Buick Limited, 59 Desoto Professional car conversion and a 36 Chrysler Airflow.  I just love seeing very expensive Cadillac Saber alloy wheels sunk in the mud.  What good are these cars doing here in this field?  How nice were they before they were put out to pasture?  Look at the picture of the 59 Edsel Citation Convertible.  It looks to be in pretty good shape but you can see that the tires are sinking in the mud and the top is shrinking.  42 Oldsmobiles are about as rare as they come and there are several rotting in this field.  Who is responsible for this and aren't they doing the same thing that someone did to the 54 Limo.  What is it going to take to get these cars away from here before they suffer the same fate as the 54 Imperial?  Will the current owner have to die and the family be stuck with the duty of disposing of the cars?
How nice was the 54 Imperial before it suffered the long outside storage that brought it to its present state?  These cars were owned by people who cared about the quality of the car that they owned.  How did someone get this car and then let this happen to it?  I know someone that has a rare Duram 55 Imperial conversion that is sitting in a field and the padded top is about to fall of because of the rust that it has suffered.  If they made more then a hand full of these I would be surprised.  I have said many times that this car should be moved to a better location then a field but now after more then ten years that I know of it is too late.  I know most of you know of these kinds of situations.  Try to talk to these people and find out why these cars are left to the elements and what benefit the owner is getting from doing this to these cars.  You will then understand the fate of the 54 Limo a little better.
I was in a pick-a-part not too long ago and found a 65 Imperial Crown four door that was very nice.  The chrome on the dash was dull and I wiped it and found that someone had put a coat of wax on it to save it.  The chrome was perfect but who did this and then how did it get into a self serve wreaking yard?  On another trip to a different yard we found a 50 Crown Imperial Limo.  We walked in and there it was.  We were stunned.  Where did it come from and who decided to dump it.  The car still had all of the disc brake parts complete and all of the limo only trim in re-chromed condition.  Someone was restoring this car and it had an electrical fire and was completely burned out on the inside.  The top caved in from the heat and all of the interior di-cast was melted beyond repair.  What happened?
All of this talk about education to the people about weather the car is a Chrysler or an Imperial is fine but people continue to let cars go to waist like I have talked about it really won't matter what they are called because they will all be called junk.
Ken