Set of Wide White Walls for '67

The '67 Convertible had four General Radials with less than 1000 miles on
them...but 27 years of
sitting in a garage.  When I found it, the tires actually still had air in
them, although they
were rather low.  Only the the right front tire seemed to be low enough to let
the rim contact the
rubber.  I have put maybe 1000 miles on the car test driving in the
neighborhood, and going to
Saturday night burger joint "car shows".

There has always been a vibration at about 50 MPH.  Now I know why.  The right
front tire tread
separated from the casing (you should hear that happen at moderate speed!!!).
When I got the tire
off, it was clear that the separation had been working for some time,
unfortunately, all of the
visible evidence was on the inside sidewall.  I am flabbergasted that I never
saw the bulges in
all the times I have been under there...

I started a tire search by reviewing the archives and running a parallel
Internet search of
availability for the P235/75/15's I needed.  I had essentially given up on the
1.5 inch white
walls because it looked like I would have to pay over $700 for a set...AND get
tires that seemed
to be less well engineered, and of questionable quality.  My In-Laws have been
in the tire
business for 30 years in New Orleans, and they were another source of
information.

Just as I was about to buy one of the two models of Michelin that I found that
met my needs
(Rainforce MX4 (Max Load 2028 lbs) $98 each; and XW4 (Max Load 2183 lbs) $124
each), I found a
redesigned Multi-Mile model of the Broadway Classic (2028 lbs @ 35 PSI).

I paid $296 delivered to the house from TireNet, and I paid another $55 to help
WalMart not to
forget the left-handed threads on the port side.

The ride is very good, and dramatically different from the Generals...but I
don't know how much of
that is due to that hidden flaw in the one tire.  I like the wider white.  I am
happy with
TireNet, my contact there was "John" <tirenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.  I found some
specs on the tire at
http://www.multimiletires.com/broadlinepassenger/page1.html.  I was NOT
impressed with the list of
Dealers shown on the MultiMile website...which is why I decided to deal with
TireNet.

I kept one General for a spare (the spare I had was probably 35 years old), and
I have the other
two Generals in my garage.  They are like-new on the treads.  If anyone wants
to take a chance on
them, let me know offline and I will give them to you, you pay shipping.