Off line response, was: 413 vs 440!

Rob, the answer is yes, spreadbores.  The green Sedan (Green Machine or GM)
has a Carter.  Its the one where the secondaries do not have venturies,
just some needle deal that goes across (I am not sure if this is
aftermarket, but the car came with a Holley form the factory).  The
secondaries are mechanically opened, but there is a spring loaded flapper
over the secondaries which is opened by the air flow (doesn't take much to
open it).  This car has an Ederblock CH4B.  This manifold has been
discontinued long time ago, but according to some hot rodder Mopar
magazine, its supposed to be very good for high speeds.  The black LeBaron
has the stock iron manifold (the engine is from a 69 New Yorker) and has an
unusual Rochester which is even more spreadbore than the other car (ie the
primary/secondary throttle size difference is more pronounced).  This carb
(also mechanically activated secondaries) is for GM products, since its box
(which I still have it, the original Holley is in it!) says GM on the
outside.  D^2