low end torque vs long stroke, was: 413 vs 440!

low end torque vs long stroke, was: 413 vs 440!

The muscle guys always like to stroke a motor for the torque increase. I
know in my 440 (It's a 'cuda, my Imperial is a small block) I can drive
around 20mph in 4th gear with no problems at all.  It's nice cause the
clutch is kind of heavy.  I never drove a 413 either, but most drag guys I
knew wanted 440s, over 413s.
I know it's not what Imperials are about.
My 4 speed 'cuda gets comparable mileage to my 360 Imperial :(
Rob
Hoping to get 15 on the way to Carlisle