Off line response, was: 413 vs 440!

D2,
Spreabores with mechanical secondaries?
I thought the whole purpose was the fuel economy of small primaries and the
power of big secondaries?
The Carter is a Thermoquad, right? with the plastic body?
The Rochester is a Q-Jet probably. GM loved those.  Car Craft just did an
article on tuning them. They are supposedly complex but good when set up
properly(hard to do). I ignored it since all my cars have Carters or EFI.
How do you get the Rochester on the stock manifold? An adapter?  The factory
manifold should be set up for a standard carb.
Rob