67 vapor lock?

> Usually, vapor lock occurs only when you turn off
> your car.  It sounds like
> a super severe case Mike.  Try to add a thin plastic
> spacer between your
> carb and the manifold.  This should act as an
> insulator.  If no

Hot restart is also a problem, however its never leeft
me stranded.  The larger irritant is the rough idle.
I've thouht of cutting a spacer out of 1/2" plywood
and sticking it between the carb and manifold...also,
Steve the Albanian recommended an aluminum intake
manifold, which his '75 (Still for sale BTW, to anyone
interested, and a very finely maintained vehicle) has.

> improvement, your problem is somewhere else.  How
> about that heat riser valve?

Per Dick B's instruction, my heat riser valve is
permanently turned to the "off" position.  So this is
not the issue.

On my trip up to NY, I was sitting in stopped traffic
here in D.C., temperatures approaching 100 degrees,
full humidity, windows up and A/C on, Imperial in
drive, and the temp gauge never climbed above the 1/3
mark.

While sitting in stopped traffic waiting to get into
the Tom Petty concert in my friend's '95 Saturn, about
75 degrees out, with the windows down, no A/C, the
temp gauge was closing in on 3/4....nearly the bad
zone.  Had to crank the heater full blast to keep the
engine cool.  Should have taken the Imp.  ;)

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Piles of pitted chrome
Hubcaps along the floorboard