68 multiplex stereo

> >to your nearest Best Buy and plunk down $19.95 for
> >this little AA operated device that plugs into any
> >walkman or discman, and transmits out any FM
> frequency
> >you choose. no wires, easy setup.
>
> So, Mike you are saying that this device is a little
> transmitter that would
> transmit at a frequency that my radio can be tuned
> at.  Does it have its
> own antenna?  If that's what you say, this might

Yes.  I am looking at one right now...I purchased this
little device and plugged the output of my computer's
sound card into it.  There is a little knob on its
side which allows you to select any frequency between
88 and 108, and a retractable antenna.  Now, I can
listen to my mp3s anywhere in my apartment that there
is an FM radio! (I also soldered two wires to the
battery terminals and use a power supply to drive
it....though when I initially got it I just slapped in
a 1.5V AA battery and it lasted over 6 months with
regular use.

> work just great!  There
> are 5 or 6 "channels" in this stock radio.  One can
> be "programmed" to
> match this device.  Do you maintain Stereo sound of
> the walkman?  Brilliant!

Yes again.  it has a stereo input jack, 1/8".  You can
buy cassette walkmans for about $10; Discmans for $25,
maybe add a cigarette lighter plug for $10.  So, you
see, a whole system can be put together for $50 or
$60, and NOTHING on the car is butchered up.  There is
also a screw conveniently located below the radio at
the bottom of the dash where a 12V power plug can be
added, so you don't have to reach all the way over to
one of the door cigarette lighters for power.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Piles of pitted chrome
Hubcaps along the floorboard