freeze 12 explosions?

> Mike, the LeBaron is already black on black on
> black, so I think I am OK there!

I know, D^2, but you are not blackened!

> Seriously, how much propane can be held inside an AC
> system?!  Keep in
> mind, the propane stored cannot just explode while
> inside the system (no

I realize this; the system holds about 4 pounds of
r-12, or about 3 1/3 pounds of r134a...I'd have to do
the conversion to find out how much propane, but I'm
sure its a non-trivial amount.

> oxygen).  What about people that use propane as
> fuel!  If "freeze 12" is a
> bit dangerous, they must lunatics!

Propane powered cars use a reinforced tank and
delivery system; A/C systems in cars were not designed
to contain explosions!  If a little bit leaks out and
becomes ignited, it could burst the hose and
then....freedom!  Horrible horrible freedom to all
those little C3H8 molocules!  Also, I never attested
to the personal sanity or intelligence of others.
Particularly myself.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Piles of pitted chrome