69 Voltage Reg.

In a message dated 6/18/2002 5:25:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tntlucat@xxxxxxx writes:

<< I replaced the voltage regulator about a month ago, and it seemed to
resolve my
turn signal indicator light staying on steady, and the volt meter moving back
and forth. But, the problem seems to have returned and I can't for the life
of me find this
elusive poltergeist. >>

At some point Ma Mopar went to electronic regulators and if your car already
has an electronic regulator you have a more serious problem. However, after
the ATC on my 67 was fully functional with a refrigerant charge, I went
through three mechanical regulators because the points would get fried. There
were no symptoms other than no charge and once when the regulator was stuck
to cause the alternator to put out full charge (I thought I had hologen
headlights!). I was unable to find anything wrong and chalked it up to the
extra load put on the charging system by the AC compressor clutch was a bit
too much for the 60 amp alternator to handle. I decided to try a Mopar
electronic regulator since it didn't have mechanical points that could get
fried and sure enough it has held up nicely.

Roy
67 Crown FDHT