71 Imperial rear disc brake pads el cheapo specials

71 Imperial rear disc brake pads el cheapo specials

HiYa Guys-n-Dolls,
     Some many moons ago I owned an ex-California
Hiway Patrol Dodge Monaco (yep a Bluesmobile) I never
did not like the way it seemed to take forever to
stop(considering I fell into the same boat as some o'
the fellas I have read about with there high speed
cruising escapades..ps loved them all [although I can
not condone it :-}]) when I happened upon a very
unfortunate 71(?) Imperial in a local Pick-your-Part
(the poor old man must have died It was perfect triple
black coupe!) with ABS and rear disc brakes as I had
brought my life savings at the time of maybe 14.00, I
proceeded to remove said brakes and stash them in a
Rambler. When I was paid the next week I went and
retrieved the set up with my paycheck and had just
enough left over for alxe seals and gear oil! I
swapped them that afternoon when assembling the
caliper I found that the pads were ready to be
replaced ..Dang I was on the phone trying to get them
and quoted REALLY high price at the only place that
had them. I looked at them and said to myself I have
seen these before (at least I don't answer myself!).
So I dug around in my parts and came across a set of
Duster single piston pads, the only difference was an
extra bit of metal which I proceeded to trim with a
band saw to match the bad one I had and whalla instant
Imp pad! Its worth a try
Thad the ImpPoster

PS How did it work on the Monaco you ask? 100 to zero
in less than a city block :-)
Legal Disclaimer. The forgoing was done by a non
professional driver almost 2 generations ago in a land
never to be mentioned.