Price of a 67 or 68 440?

dardal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Couldn't you sleeve those and maintain bore size?  D^2

    Speaking of sleeves, I am preparing to sleeve my '62 max
wedge block, as it has been bored past any possibility of
safe further boring. (Although a 413 block, it has been
bored to 426 +.030! and is worn further beyond that)  The
sleeve job will cost about $700 for sleeves and labor,
including finishing to the size I need.  That will depend on
what pistons I can find for a reasonable price.  I'm willing
to do this rather than find another block because it is the
correct casting number, casting date, and ID pad and foundry
markings for my car (blocks of this vintage of course did
not have a VIN or shipping order number matching the car
stamped into them), and any original max wedge block is
pretty expensive to buy.  At this cost though it seems that
sleeving a thinwall 440 block wouldn't be cost effective
until they get to be the only thing one can find out there.

Bill Parker, South Central Indiana
'62 Plymouth Max Wedge; '64 Dart Convertible (Kathi's car);
'65 Imperial; '65 Barracuda \6 (Kathi's other car); '68 Hemi
Roadrunner; '68 Barracuda Fastback 383-S; '69 Barracuda
Fastback now 360 (20 y.o. son's car); '72 Cuda 340