AutoTemp II Servo; was Re: IML: Still A/C: Anyone with a '72 shop manual

--- Merc1Doc@xxxxxxx wrote:
> What does this servo look like is there a picture If
> it is like a Mercedes I
> might be able to help as I hot wire these units to
> go to full A/C or Full
> Heat which ever is required and its cheaper than the
> 600.00 and 135.00 amp

The AutoTemp II Power Servo Unit used on the 1971
through 1973 Imperials (and other Mopar products) was
also used on several years of Mercedes products.

A good bit of information, including pictures, is
available at
http://w3.one.net/~desoto/AutoTemp/autotemp.html.
Dave Duricy has done a marvelous job of explaining
some of the mysteries of this system.

Elijah