coolant system, overheating?

Yes, but the heat transfer effectiveness diminishes.  This is of no
consequence for a properly functioning cooling system.  Pure water would
have the "ultimate" heat transfer effectiveness.   Of course, pure water
would be unacceptable, so cooling systems are designed for the reduced
effectiveness of the water/glycol mixture. For an overheating cooling
system though, you can't sacrifice heat transfer.  In fact, the rust mad in
the coolant has about the same effect as antifreeze in increasing the
boiling point.  The 16 psi cap also retards boiling to a temperature that
will hopefully never be reached, even with overheating.
D^2