Textured paint tops

For the '59 models, a "Scotch Grain" treatment was
available for the rear portion of the Southampton tops.
The effect was like a vinyl or leather padded top, but
using a textured paint.   This was a separate option
from the Silvercrest stainless steel forward roof
treatment.  I believe '59 was the only year Scotch Grain
was available as an option.  The same paint was
available at your favorite auto parts store by the mid-
60's as a "vinyl top-in-a-can" dress up.

I've seen 2 '60 LeBarons (and a '61 Fleetwood) with very
nicely fitted vinyl tops.  As you know on the '60
LeBaron, there is no trim where the top meets the body
which would be a logical break for either a painted or
vinyl top.  These cars had a very nicely fitted trim
piece to anchor the lower edge of the vinyl top.  I
thought it looked too nice for your average upholstery
shop to make up and I wonder if those cars weren't sent
to someone like Derham for fitting.

Cheers,
Roger