Freon and A/C hoses

> Did you know that they are still making R-12? Yes,
> its true...just think, they build these huge

Mmmmm...not quite.  They still _reclaim_ and _recycle_
R12, and you can buy R12 provided it is of this "used"
variety.  I just took a course on the EPA's rules on
refrigerants.  CFC's (like R12, R11, etc) are illegal
to produce.  Period.  HCFC's like R22 are legal for
sale and manufacture to licensed individuals, but only
for the next 20 years or so.  Most commercial apps now
use HCFC's.  R134a belongs to a third class, which are
completely ozone safe.

if you go to Carlisle you may see people selling NEW
R12 in little cans...this stuff was all manufactured
pre-ban, and I guess its legal...if not completely
ethical.  B-|

Converting your Imperial over to R134a is easy,
relatively cheap in the short run and cheaper in the
long run than keeping it R12, as supplies dwindle.
And its environmentally sound.  You can spray R134a at
the ozone all day long and you won't make a pinhole.
(there is some contention, however, as to whether or
not it leads to greenhouse gas buildup)

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

My girlfriend left me