Freon and A/C hoses

I have been following this thread with keen interest.
Did you know that they are still making R-12? Yes, its
true...just think, they build these huge buildings on
top of huge A/C units. Do you think it is easy to
change these out?

Enough of the raising the hackle stuff. Here's my
question.... In my youth I had a certain disdain for
A/C and Chrome(both did not make you go any
faster!LOL) so I am a little lost when it comes to A/C
parts. Where do you get hoses?There is a place in LA
that will make them, but their prices fluctuate a lot
from when you ask for an estimate and when you have to
pick them up
Thanks
 Thad the ImpPoster