Freon and A/C hoses

Thad, I don't think ANY commercial buildings use R12.  Most use R22 or other more exotic stuff including water chillers so thats one less hackle to raise.  LOTS of places make AC hoses.  Most any place that makes hydralic hoses can make them.  Ask around.  They are not that expensive.  I had both the one's on my 73 done and they were about a hundred bucks.  However, you MAY not have to have them replaced.  Yes, R134 will 'seep' through the old 'non-barrier' hoses but it may only be a can or so a year, ie 5 bucks.  Elijah Scott kept his original hoses on his converted 71 Imp and just puts a can in when the air starts to get warmer.

Kerryp

  Thad <gentrysgarage@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have been following this thread with keen interest.
Did you know that they are still making R-12? Yes, its
true...just think, they build these huge buildings on
top of huge A/C units. Do you think it is easy to
change these out?

Enough of the raising the hackle stuff. Here's my
question.... In my youth I had a certain disdain for
A/C and Chrome(both did not make you go any
faster!LOL) so I am a little lost when it comes to A/C
parts. Where do you get hoses?There is a place in LA
that will make them, but their prices fluctuate a lot
from when you ask for an estimate and when you have to
pick them up
Thanks
Thad the ImpPoster