Professional Body Shops, Beware!!

Hello All;
 One thing that I should have mentioned before, although other people have, is that you don't always get what you pay for with the so-called professionals. I remember that there was a car for sale up in Cumberland, a nearby town, that was parked on one of the side streets. The car was a 1966 Pontiac Bonneville four door hardtop with a nice interior. I had seen the car for sale a few years before and had noticed that the price kept getting cheaper every time I saw it. Anyhow I went up to the house to ask about it and the lady told me all about the car and condition of it including that it had been repainted. Apparently they had spent $4000 dollars on paint and body work a few years before only to discover that the shop had filled in the rust holes with bondo.
Of course because of this the paint bubbled and the rust had resurfaced thus explaining why the car kept getting cheaper.
Imagine that $4000 dollars for a paint job and they didn't even cut the rust out, what a rip off. At least if you do the job yourself and mess up you can afford to go back and fix it later. At least you know what you what was done to it as well. I know this isn't exactly an Imperial story but it does show that lightening your wallet more doesn't make the job better, so be careful.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A left Side Taillight Bezel And other trim parts