fuselage leaks

I was aware of the possibility of the car leaking around the back window, so I
asked my neighbor to direct the hose over that area and was careful to look
under there while I was in the trunk.  I didn't see a leak.

I'm leaning toward your 2nd suggestion - that water is somehow collecting
under the trunklid, or in the trunklid, and dripping on the floor.  The pool
is almost always on the right side of the car, almost under where the jack is
stowed, directly in the center of the trunk (meaning an equal distance from
the hinge and the taillight.

And yes, after the rain last night there was a puddle.  But not a drop from
the hose!  Really bugs me.

Thanks, Mark