fuselage leaks

Thanks to all who responded to my speedometer question.  Still looking
for the perfect solution to that.

I have a '71 LeBaron.  Over the past year or so I've noticed that the
trunk leaks when it rains bad.  If it's a light rain it doesn't seem to;
only if it's a heavy rain.

Well, several months back I posted a msg. about this on the IML and
someone suggested that I get inside the trunk and have a friend run a
hose on the car to see where it's leaking.  Today, finally, I got around
to doing this.  My neighbor, Joe Pesce, was glad to help out.  I got in
the trunk with a flashlight and had him put the hose at different points
around the trunk & roof.

Nothing.  Not a drip.  The trunk is dry as a bone.

Okay, I was just kidding about my neighbor being Joe Pesce.  But I felt
a little like a mafia victim lying in the trunk like that!  ("Yeah,
yeah, we got a little piece of his whatchacallit?  His hoof stuck in the
grille.")  Fortunately he let me out.

Anyway, I'm baffled.  The weatherstrip around the trunk is in pretty
good shape.  It's a little dry but still pliable.  I couldn't find any
area that leaked.  I also couldn't find any obvious areas of rust or
leakage underneath.  My neighbor thinks that leaves may have clogged the
channel around the weatherstrip, causing it to overflow into the trunk,
but I'm skeptical of that.

But I just know when it starts raining in about an hour my trunk's going
to leak.  Any ideas where I should go from here?

Mark