Mayfair confusion

I doubt there was an issue over the Top-line Plodge Mayfair and the
Packard,as in the US Packards and Imperials (there's the Imperial content
for this) were invariably bought by "old money" In Canada in that era most
old money was British, and they bought Jags, Humbers, RR, Jowett, etc, not
just out of bloody minded-ness but to help Britain in her"export or die"
programme after the war. Britain didn't get a "Marshall Plan" and food
rationing was still going on into the 50's.
Glen Bibby