push button puzzle

Bill, Hi: I don't think the problem is with the seating of your buttons. My
guess is that it is deeper inside the metal surround that houses the pushbutton
slides. If the 'N' button is staying in the 'in' position it is then depressing
a small on/off switch that is part of your break lite problem. The pushbutton
unit is a 'U' shaped housing that contains 'slides', five to be exact, each
slide is a different length, each pushes a 'bar' to a different position, the
bar pushes or pulls the shift cable, the shift cable pushes or pulls a slide
inside
the transmission that decides the gear for the trans. The 'N' slide in the
pushbutton surround is unique in that it is the only 'double' slide and is made
to be 'spring' loaded so that it can be pushed to activate the small on/off
switch. So, the point of all this is that you may need to remove the pushbutton
surround and 'service' it. Since the only way that the 'N' button can stay in
is if the two parts have seperated. It's not a easy job to get the unit out,
but it is fairly easy to fix once it is out. Again the problem with the button
being stuck in is strange since the bar that is pushed by the slides also
pushes the slides back to their normal position, so something is major wrong
inside the surround. ...Just my thoughts.
George...'with the soon to be beautiful '55/'56 Liom's'

Bill, HiBilboyz@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I wanted to thank all my fellow Imperialists for coming to my rescue once
>again!  That push button thing can be a nightmare, and had me really
>depressed when I couldn't run my baby for such a simple reason.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@xxxxxxxx!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/